This recipe really needs no introduction or preamble because its bomb. I had one of those moments where I was craving coconut rice and I thought I would experiment. It turned out amazing after the first try! That never happens…… So here you are, Instant Pot Coconut Rice.
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
Cook Time: about 25 minutes
2 cups of Sushi Rice or White Jasmine Rice
1 can of Coconut Milk (full fat)
2 TBSP Coconut Oil
1 cup of Water
- Rinse the rice in a sieve to rinse off some of the extra starch.
- In the Instant Pot pour in the coconut oil, then the rice, then the coconut milk, then the water. Do not stir.
- Set the Instant Pot for 10 minutes and let it run its course (it can take up to 15 minutes to pressurize).
- When the timer beeps unplug the Instant Pot and let it natural release for 10 minutes.
- Open the Instant Pot and enjoy!
Notes: It’s important to pour the oil in first so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Don’t stir the rice as you want to keep the oil on the bottom. This recipe is best made with sushi rice but will work with Jasmine Rice as well.