Happy Labor Day! I hope you had a relaxing weekend. My husband and I are preparing to teach virtually this week which obviously we are not very excited about. We are starting to meal plan and prep again so that we have healthy lunches and dinners ready to go. I am working from home but only have a 30 minute lunch so I need to be quick and snappy about my lunch choices. I have been playing around with different salad combinations and this one is so far my favorite.
I normally make jar salads for my husband and I to eat at work but since I work from home I don’t need to do that. However, I am still working on a lineup of jar salad recipes and this will be one of them for sure. Who doesn’t love nectarines, Chevre, and balsamic?
Nectarine Arugula Salad with Balsamic Glaze
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
2 Nectarines (ripe)
Half a box or bag of Arugula
One small log of Chevre Goat Cheese
1/3 cup Olive Oil
3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove of Garlic minced
- In a salad bowl or on a plate place the Arugula.
- Cut the nectarines in wedges and place them on the Arugula.
- Cut the log of goat cheese into thin wheels and place on top or around the nectarines.
- In a mason jar add all the salad ingredients and shake until the oil and vinegar are fully combined.
- Spoon balsamic glaze on top of the salad.