Happy Labor Day weekend! This is always a crazy time of year for my husband and I since we both work in education. This year feels extra weird as we will not be going to any labor day parties or big gatherings. We are going camping though which is a nice way to wind down the summer.
This Shishito recipe is super simple and delicious. I know there are lots of blistered pepper recipes out there, but mine includes sriracha mayo. If you are having people over for labor day this is a great simple appetizer that people can munch on. I love Shishito peppers and could eat them all day, but my husband is not a fan so I normally end up eating most of them. I honestly think he only eats these because he loves sriracha mayo so much.
I recommend using a cast iron skillet to blister your peppers as it holds heat much better then non stick skillets. I also recommend using flaky sea salt if you have it. I only had Redmond’s natural salt this time, which was good but not the same as the flaky salt.
Blistered Shishito Peppers with Sriracha Mayo
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
1 bag of Shishito peppers
1 TBSP olive oil
Flaky sea salt
1/3 cup Mayo
Juice of half a Lime
1-2 TBSP Sriracha
- Wash Shishito peppers in a colander in the sink.
- Heat olive oil in the cast iron skillet on the stove on medium/high.
- Add the peppers to the skillet arranging them so they all touch the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, lime juice and sriracha. Add more or less sriracha depending on how spicy you want it.
- Stir the peppers so they are evenly blistering on both sides.
- Once they have black/brown blistered spots on both sides and have slightly softened, take them out of the skillet and put them on a plate.
- Sprinkle peppers with salt.
- Serve with sriracha mayo as a dipping sauce.