This is one of my go to recipes to meal prep when I know I am going to need on the go meals. They are easy to throw together and quite yummy. The nice thing about these cakes is that they are super versatile. You can make them with canned chicken or canned salmon (obviously I won’t be doing this as I would die…). They are also good with lots of different toppings, try them with pesto, avocado aioli, burger sauce, or Siracha Mayo.
A couple notes about this recipe, they cook up pretty nice but seem really sloppy when you put them on the pan. Just make sure that they are in a round shape when on the parchment paper and that they are relatively uniform in their thickness.
Southwest Chicken Cakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Chicken Cake Ingredients:
4 Cans of Chicken (6 oz cans)
½ Red onion diced fine
1/8 Cup chopped Parsley
1 TBSP coconut aminos
1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
½ Cup Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Almond Flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
1 TBSP Ghee/Olive oil/or oil of choice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together all the cake ingredients until they are combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop mixture out of the bowl and place on the parchment paper.
- Pat down the cakes so that they are ½ inch thick. You should be able to fit 10-12 on the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the cakes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then enjoy!