You guys! Miso slightly terrifies me. I love it and love that its a fermented food but I never know how to use it. When my sister and her boyfriend were visiting in July, we made up a good Miso marinade on the fly because we didn’t have a ton in the fridge. I had bought a container of Miso and wasn’t quite sure what to do with it. There are so many good salmon Miso recipes but since I am severely allergic to fish that wasn’t an option for me.
With this recipe I highly recommend making this in the morning or the night before. The first time we made these we marinated them for only 2 hours and they were good. The second time I made this I marinated the chicken for 6 hours and the chicken was perfection. The chicken really soaks up the marinade and is very tender when cooked.
When it comes to grilling the cooking time on this depends on what type of grill you have. We have an electric grill and it takes about 10-12 minutes to cook. Its important to preheat your grill so that it is warmed up. I like to cook for 6 minutes on one side, flip and then cook for another 5 minutes. Some times I need to leave the bigger pieces on the grill for 1-2 minutes more.
Miso Chicken Kabobs
Miso Chicken Kabob Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinate: 4+ hours
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Servings: 7-10 kabobs
2 Chicken breasts
2 TBSP Red Miso
2 TBSP Coconut Aminos
2 TBSP Water
2 TBSP Sesame oil
1 inch of Ginger minced
2 cloves of Garlic minced
2 TBSP Avocado oil (or light flavored EVO)
2 TBSP Lime juice
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Cube the chicken into bite sized chunks and place in the marinade.
- Make sure the chicken is fully covered by the marinade, cover and put in the fridge for 4 plus hours.
- When ready to cook preheat grill to high heat.
- Skewer the chicken on kabob sticks. I love cooking these by themselves but they are also good combined with veggies.
- If cooking with veggies chop veggies into bite size pieces and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and 1 tsp of dried ginger.
- Cook kabobs in the grill for 5-6 minutes per side.
Notes: Cook time depends on your grill. On my electric grill these cook in about 10-12 minutes.